ThinkPlace is a strategic design consultancy that specialises in transforming complex systems that deliver public value, so they are more efficient and work better for people and society.
We help public sector leaders:
- Design integrated regulatory systems that provide a positive experience for clients and staff
- Improve the efficiency, the effectiveness and the user experience of their services, work practices and business processes
- Respond quickly and effectively to policy mandates by designing administrative systems that work operationally and meet the intended purpose
- Build the capability to deliver on government improvement and innovation change agendas
We understand complex government systems:
We have broad experience across multiple government agencies and public sector organisations in New Zealand and Australia.
Our clients include:
- Department of Human Services (40,000 employees, 28% of the Australia Public Sector)
- Australian Tax Office (24,000 employees, 14.6% of the Australian Public Service)
- Customs Australia (5940 employees, 3.6% of the Australian Public Service)
- Department of Justice (3068 employees, 7% of New Zealand Public Sector)
- Department of Internal Affairs (1964 employees, 4.5% of New Zealand Pubic Sector).
Most ThinkPlace employees have been public servants. All ThinkPlace partners have established and run innovative user-centred design capabilities in large public sector organisations.
Our approach is unique and proven
ThinkPlace’s design approach helps our clients view their challenges from a different perspective. We have an authentic focus on people, their experiences and opportunities for innovation.
We work from a deep understanding of government service delivery, regulation and compliance, but quickly drive towards designing the desired future state.
In designing toward the future, we:
- Build a full understanding of people’s behaviour using proven research methods
- Develop concepts for change together with clients
- Prototype and test ideas early, then develop them into initiatives to strengthen the organisation
- Develop capacity through all our engagements to ensure solutions can be sustained.